Phd in Applied Geophysics and Hydraulics, University of Trieste, Italy (2007).
Degrees in Engineering for Environment and Territory, University of Trieste, Italy (2003).
Vocational qualification (Engineer), University of Trieste, Italy (2003).
Since 2003 working at OGS (National Institute of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics), CARS group (Cartography and Remote Sensing), as remote sensing expert and Project Manager.
Actual position: technologist (III level), permanent position.
Italian National Node coordinator of ECCSEL, pan-European Research Infrastructure grouping excellent laboratories on CCS (Carbon Capture and Storage).
Able to work in a team and to manage projects (both R&D and industrial).
Active part in project proposals preparation, for different national, European and international programmes.
- ECCSEL and ECCSEL PPII: implementation of ECCSEL, a Pan-European Research infrastructure for CCS (Carbon Capture and Storage) with laboratories opened to the international scientific community
- ECCSEL NatLab-Italy: development of two laboratories in Panarea and Latera, part of the ECCSEL European infrastructure
- CO2 STOP: development of a GIS for the European inventory of CO2 storage capacity.
Active part in national and international projects, related to hydraulics, water management, environment, landslide monitoring, forestry applications, industry emissions, energy efficiency:
- ENOS: development of surveillance procedures to monitor CO2 storage through innovative and integrated systems.
- GEOCAPACITY: European inventory of storage capacity, in order to make CO2 storage feasible soon.
- CO2GEONET: European network of excellence about CO2 storage and monitoring; researchers are the reference point for industry.
- ENHYGMA: remote sensing methodologies for hydraulic risk evaluation.
- HYPERDEM: remote sensing applied to the characterization of Sri Lanka shores after 2004 tsunami.
- WISELAND: control of slow-moving landslides by means of integrated monitoring tools and remote sensing.